Susan TankersleyCounselorEmail: email@example.comThe 2016-17 school year will be my 9th year as counselor at Marine Creek! It is such a privilege to watch your children grow. It will also be my 37th year in education, 15 of them as a school counselor. Being a school counselor is my dream job, and I am very fortunate to have this job at such a great school.My mission as Marine Creek's counselor is to support the school community by developing and integrating a comprehensive guidance and counseling program that will assist students in academic, career, and emotional/social development. This will enable our students to become efficient students, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners.I believe:
- All children are valuable and deserve respect.
- All children can be taught appropriate behaviors and can learn and grow to their full potential.
- All children learn best when they feel good about themselves and about their relationships with others.
- All students should have equal access to counseling services.
- A school guidance program should be comprehensive in scope, developmental in nature, and preventative in design.
- The key to school success is developing positive relationships.
As the Marine Creek Elementary School counselor, I have several duties which help me to promote positive academic, emotional, career, and personal/social development in our students.
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Classroom guidance
- Consult with parents, teachers, administers, social workers and students.
- Provide information and resources
- 504 Campus Coordinator
- At-Risk Campus Coordinator
- G/T Campus Coordinator (referrals and testing)
- Facilitator for Family Events at Marine Creek
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call or come see me. Together, we can help your child to have the best school year ever!*This year, LWISD has adopted the Lions Quest curriculum for character development. If you would like to view the materials used in classroom guidance, please contact me for an appointment.